CESCL Recert Program Overview
This Ecology approved online stormwater certification program is intended to recertify expired or soon to expire Certified Erosion Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) professionals.
This 2-part online course covers:
- The 12 elements of a DOE compliant Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) as outlined in stormwater management manual, and;
- The newly proposed 13th SWPPP element, Low Impact Development (or LID).
By completing this online CESCL re-certification program, you will reinstate your professional standing as a Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead for an additional three (3) years.
As mandated by the Department of Ecology (DOE), CESCL certifications are valid for three (3) years. All construction projects within the State of Washington MUST designate at least one (1) person as the responsible representative in charge of Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC), and water quality protection. The designated person shall be the CESCL who is responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal erosion and sediment control and water quality requirements.
Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) certification holders who are about to expire, or who have expired within the last six (6) months.
Curriculum: Washington CECSL Recert Course
- Assess and manage risks of erosion and sedimentation on construction sites.
- Obtain and comply with permit coverage of your construction project under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) general permit requirements.
- Create and update a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) based on 13 SWPPP Elements.
- Plan, install, monitor and maintain BMPs that comply with the Clean Water Act and the Department of Ecology (DOE).
- Implement Low Impact Development (LID) goals, practices, tools and BMPs.
At the Completion of This Program You Will Receive
- 8 PDHs
- Embossed Wall Certificate
- Wallet Card
- Hardhat Decal
- Signed Congratulations Letter